Updated: Jan 18, 2021
The definition of confident is the state of feeling certain about the truth of something, or the feeling or belief that one can rely on someone or something; firm trust. I find that the word confidence could mean so many different things, confidence in your attitude, confidence in your career, or even having just general confidence in who you are. I wanted to share 5 tips on how I stay confident and trying to stay confident no matter what situation I am in.
I thought this would be a great addition to my many “how to” articles up here on the blog what being confident really means to me. To me it means standing your ground, saying what you have to say and mean it, as well as doing what you have to do in order to get it done. Here are my top tips.
1) HAVE A FIRM HANDSHAKE, I know this might sound weird but nothing bothers me more than when I shake someones hand firmly and their hand goes limp with my hand in theirs. (Their handshake wasn’t as strong as mine) One of the reasons it bothers me so much is because it makes me look like I’m coming off too seriously or that this person clearly didn’t care about meeting me. I know that sounds a bit crazy but if I am meeting up with someone of importance and they shake my hand loosely or not at all that really does leave a bad taste in my mouth and I really have to count that as a con on meeting the person.
2) WALK WITH YOUR SHOULDERS BACK, AND RELAX WITH YOUR CHIN UP, I am sure you have heard of this before stand tall, shoulders back… blah blah blah, But there is some truth to this because whenever I have felt any type of nervousness before a big meeting or doing something that involves me to be the center of attention I take a deep breath, count to eight and start walking with my shoulders back and chin up, everything else falls into place.
3) Have EYE CONTACT, this is something that annoys me the MOST when I’m talking to someone. They are scrolling on their phone or checking their watch or phone as if they are in a hurry. Having simply wandering eyes and not having eye contact with me, or not paying attention to our current conversation is truly a urn off on anything for me. When your with me I expect for you to present like I am doing for you.
If I am in an hurry or have something else to do before or after a meeting I tell whoever I am meeting with that at a certain time I will have to leave and they usually understand.
4) WEAR SOMETHING THAT YOU FEEL BADASS IN! I will repeat…. WEAR SOMETHING YOU FEEL BADASS IN! I personally feel bad ass when I wear high heels, thigh high boots, makeup and make sure my hair is done. I also feel badass when I wear a power suit or jeans that make my ass look good.. Now that is personally me but of course every girl is different. Just find and wear something that makes you feel like the boss that you are.
FYI in this outfit I felt like I could rule the world, there’s nothing a pair of over the knee boots cant fix.
5) STAND YOUR GROUND! There is nothing worse than going through all those motions and being close to what you want and you end up chickening out and not getting what you want. Its easy to say talk the talk but in order to get anything done stand your ground, Its almost 2019 and its time to get what we want not only because we want it but because we deserve it.
Until Next Time
Photos By: Brooke Chouest